Fully Assembled Anatek Blue Ring "Q" Meter
The successor to the famous Bob Parker FBT/LOPT kit and companion to the Blue ESR meter kit. This Ring Tester, built 100% in the USA, is fully assembled an inexpensive and effective way to test any high Q inductive component. It is especially useful for doing a quick check on flyback transformers, line output transformers and other inductive components like deflection yoke windings and SMPS transformers. Full Anatek 1 year warranty on manufacturing defects.
A high Q factor is a characteristic of low loss inductive components. A shorted turn or coil will show no rings. A shorted FBT diode will show few or no rings. The Blue ring tester gives you a measure of the "Q" factor of a inductive component.
Features of the Blue Ring Tester :
- Supplied fully assembled, calibrated and working!
- Anatek Blue Ring instructions and manual online
- One foot test leads made with super flexible test lead wire and crocodile clips
- Tests inductors in circuit and test leads are non-polarized
- Easy-to-read, high brightness red, yellow and green LEDs display the Q of the device being tested
- Simple operation for fast easy diagnosis of faulty inductive components.
- Ideal for testing flyback transformers, Horizontal yoke coils, B+ coils, SMPS primary windings, Fluorescent ballast/chokes and any other type of coils that have an inductance value of > 0.3 uH.
- Built in Silicon Valley California, USA
See our Pinterest page for pins on Ring Testing of Inductors and Transformers.
The LEDs on the left side show the Q of the device being tested. Essentially, the more LED's light up => higher Q of the device under test.
- No lights = Short circuit
- Red = Bad or low Q
- Yellow = Medium Q
- Green = Good or High Q
From our Past Customers on the Web:
I'll tell you why I DO feel lucky, and that's having purchased from someone who still understands the meaning of customer service! That goes a long way in my book (well, if I had a book)" - Tod
Works great and arrived on time. I use this with my Oscilloscope to show how ringing is produced in a coil and cap tank circuit and is useful for testing coils for shorts - Henry
Awesome! really works, diagnosed a bad coil in 3 alternators fields in 10 minutes - Ed
"Thank you very much for the Blue ESR and Blue RT kits. They worked out very well and I can honestly highly recommend your kits. I am very impressed with the quality of your kits and the detail that you provided to make the assembly absolutely painless" - George
View a great informational page created by a satisfied customer - Don Lewis
View a review on a Ring Tester built based on the Anatek Design
We Also Recommend