Capacitor Wizard ESR Tester
The Capacitor Wizard® meter. This product is a very useful capacitor quality analyzer for capacitors >1uF. It uses the ESR (equivalent series resistance) method for determining a capacitors' health. The ESR method detects problems with a device due to changes in the dielectric constant or the electrolytic compound drying out. This is an indispensable piece of test equipment for a system designer or product technician!
- Meter Range: 0 to 30 Ohms Expanded Scale
- Output Test Signal: 100kHz Sine Wave
- Output Voltage: Only 5 mV RMS! - will NOT turn on solid state devices
- Meter input resistance: 2.5 Ohm - Resolution as low as 0.1 Ohm
- Adjustable "Capacitor Good" beeper-Beeper Resolution as low as 50 milli Ohm!
- Power: 4 AA Alkaline batteries(not included)
- Size 7" x 4" x 1.5"
- High quality gold plated probe tips with 4 foot leads
- Ohms-Zero and Beeper-Adjust controls
- UL and ULC (UL3111-1 )
- CE European Standard EN-55022 and EN-50082-1
- Capacitance range - caps below 1uF start to lose resolution, but it is still useful in repair work. There is no limit for large caps values with the cap wizard.