Connections to the ground of Oscilloscope Probes with the mini 3mm (hook width) PCM Parrot Clip (PCMO_B) provide improved accessibility, reliability and accuracy. Typical ground clips for the oscilloscope probe are usually alligator clips which have poor accessibility in narrow places due to the large jaws. They are also not
very reliable as they detach very often when the probe moves.
The advantages of the Parrot Clip are an outcome of the Invention's Novelty - the METAL TIP.
The Metal tip is directly connected to the lead providing low resistance for both measuring methods:
1) Hands-on, direct pointing
2) Hands-free, double metal connection
A nice Utube review is available online.
The Parrot clip provides eight major advantages toward the other test probes and clips (alligator clip, one hook clip, two hooks clip, etc.)
- Accessibility in narrow places (0,5mm - 4mm)
- Low point contact resistance (3mohm - 5mohm)
- Low connection resistance (3mohm - 5 mohm)
- High insulation (300V - 1000 V) IEC1010 CAT III
- High current (5A - 25 A)
- Reliable mechanical connection (metal tip + hook)
- Reliable connection at high temperature (90°C - 160°C)
For more info see the test clip