Pair of 2mm (hook width) Parrot Clips for Blue ESR Meter. The ParrotTM Clip was awarded the Gold Medal at the World Fair of Inventions - Brussels 1991. These Clips simply slide right onto the
banana plugs already installed on our Blue ESR meter. No soldering or assembly required!
The advantages of the Parrot Clip are an outcome of the Invention's Novelty - the METAL TIP.
The Metal tip is directly connected to the lead providing low resistance for both measuring methods:
1) Hands-on, direct pointing
2) Hands-free, double metal connection
A nice Utube review is available online.
The Parrot clip provides eight major advantages toward the other test probes and clips (alligator clip, one hook clip, two hooks clip, etc.)
- Accessibility in narrow places (0.5mm - 4mm)
- Low point contact resistance (3mohm - 5mohm)
- Low connection resistance (3mohm - 5 mohm)
- High insulation (300V - 1000 V) IEC1010 CAT III
- High current (5A - 25 A)
- Reliable mechanical connection (metal tip + hook)
- Reliable connection at high temperature (90°C - 160°C)
For more info see the test clip