Fully Assembled Anatek Blue ESR Meter
**SUMMER SALE SPECIAL** Our Blue ESR Meter has been very popular since 2007. This is the latest Bob Parker design and successor to the famous Dick Smith MKII ESR and Low Ohms Meter. This handy and affordable meter, built 100% in the USA, measures capacitor equivalent series resistance (ESR) in the circuit. ESR is a very important quality and performance characteristic of capacitors greater than 1uF. This meter makes quality measurements which are often impossible to check with capacitance meters. See the Electrolytic Cap ESR Problem for more information on ESR. It also can be used to assess health for LV alkaline/rechargeable batteries, find shorts on PCBs, inductive coil shorts and for assessing incoming quality assurance of components.
Blue ESR Features:
- Supplied fully Assembled, Calibrated and Tested with Instructions & manual online
- One foot test leads made with super flexible test lead wire with 4mm banana plugs and basic alligator clips
- Test lead resistance compensation, allows higher accuracy
- Wide resistance measurements from 0.01 Ohm to 99 Ohm
- Automatic power off when reading is unchanged for 3 minutes, maximizes battery life
- Microprocessor controlled low battery voltage warning, “b” blinks on the display
- Easy-to-read, high brightness 0.5 inch (13mm) piercing blue LED display
- Easy to read chart of good/bad capacitor ESRs on the front panel
- Meter can test capacitors in-circuit and standalone from 1uF to 10,000uF and from 10V-450V
- Test ESR on polarized and non-polarized capacitors with the value of >1uF
- Measures ESR for capacitors in-circuit, ideal for PCB level de-bug
- Assess health for low voltage alkaline and rechargeable batteries
- Operational down to 5.5v battery voltage, maximizes battery life
- Standard 9 volt battery included
- One year Warranty for all manufacturing and parts defects from Anatek Instruments
- Built in Silicon Valley California, USA
The meter is supplied here fully assembled ready to go. The unit includes super flexible quality test leads with banana plugs and the basic alligator clips. The unit has easy-access battery compartment for a standard 9V battery. You can add the optional larger croc clips or needle probes (see our Blue ESR accessories). All components are on the solder masked pc board. As this unit uses a microcontroller and has on-board diagnostics to detect assembly errors. It uses the MkII firmware, Bob's latest. The unit can function down to 5.5v as well as a auto power off feature, maximizes your battery life.
See our Pinterest page for pins on Capacitor testing and ESR tester reviews.
For more info see the Anatek users manual and Video. View a great informational page created by a satisfied customer or a great facebook page created by our Egypt distributor. View some independent reviews of the Blue ESR/Low Ohms Meter from Circuit Spot, Capacitor Lab and eHam. Also some great repair videos on Dave's TV Repair page. Our Malaysian distributor has also published an excellent tutorial on how to get the most from your ESR meter.
From our Past Customers on the Web:
"I appreciate the great service, the kit went together extremely well. I am very impressed with the quality of the PC board and how well the meter works". Peter
"Works well. I ordered tweezers for making it easier to test on board components. Even without the tweezers, this esr meter is easy to use with an easy to read chart on the front". G. Michael Phillips
"I am heavily involved with repairing and building vacuum tube amplifiers and use this piece of test equipment regularly. Great device! Kar M. Sandoval
"I'll tell you why I DO feel lucky, and that's having purchased from someone who still understands the meaning of customer service! That goes a long way in my book (well, if I had a book.)". Todd
" I am extremely happy with the purchase. It quickly determines the good or bad status of caps and would recommend its purchase. It will be worth the price the first time you diagnose a clean looking cap that is in fact internally damaged" Dan A Peterson
"I use a "Blue ESR Meter" which works great for testing ESR in circuit, as well as battery health, such as AA alkaline and rechargeables. I found it's accuracy to be close to that of a Sencore analyzer with a 5 digit price tag, so for the price, I'm overjoyed. It comes in kit form with a pre-programmed u "- ThatOneGuy
We Also Recommend